$50K Lottery Win In Owings Mills + Fall Foliage At Gwynnbrook Wildlife: Top News
☀️ Rise and shine Owings Mills! Grab that cup of coffee and read on.
We're back in your inbox with the what's happening in and around Owings Mills. In today's newsletter:
- Ravens win in London, but face challenges in scoring and turnovers.
- Catch the fall foliage peak at Gwynnbrook Wildlife Management Area in Owings Mills.
- Powerball Spreads Wealth With $100,000 Win In Bowie, Plus Seven $50,000 Prizes
And also check out Fall Open House on the calendar where we have 14 events coming up. Get your event listed too!
Today's riddle: Why don't skeletons fight each other? 🤔 Read on to find out.
- Wednesday: Cloudy, with a high of 60 and low of 46 degrees. Partly cloudy for the morning, clear in the afternoon and evening, partly cloudy overnight.
- Thursday: Cloudy during the morning, partly cloudy during the afternoon, clear overnight. Temps: High: 67 low: 47
- Friday: Heavy rain, with a high of 70 and low of 53 degrees.
📰 News we're reading
1. Ravens Reaction: London trip ends in win, room for improvement (wbaltv.com) — The Baltimore Ravens' recent London trip ended in a victory over the Tennessee Titans, but there's room for improvement. Despite the win, the team has struggled with scoring touchdowns and turnovers. The defense, however, showed a strong performance, dominating the first half of the game.
2. 5 Leaf-Peeping Road Trips In Maryland: When Foliage Peaks (patch.com) — Fall foliage is nearing peak brilliance in Maryland, and Owings Mills is one of the recommended places for leaf-peeping. The Gwynnbrook Wildlife Management Area in Owings Mills offers a great view of the autumn colors.
3. Powerball Spreads Wealth With $100,000 Win In Bowie, Plus Seven $50,000 Prizes (thebaynet.com) — A recent Powerball draw saw a $50,000 winning ticket sold in Owings Mills, among other locations in Maryland. The Maryland Lottery paid out over $26. 7 million in prizes during the week ending October 15.
🗓 Upcoming Events in Owings Mills
Add your own event!
- Celebrate Franklin Friday! (Info. Attached)
Fri Oct 20
Franklin Middle , Reisterstown, MD 21136
- Fall Open House
Fri Oct 20 5:30 am
Garrison Forest School
- DAY OFF CAMP: Indigenous Peoples of the Chesapeake
Fri Oct 20 9:00 am
Irvine Nature Center
- Friday Karaoke Party with Mr Kevins Magic Music...
Fri Oct 20 7:00 pm
Hook & Reel Cajun Seafood & Bar
- XIU XIU w/ RjVj
Fri Oct 20 7:00 pm
- Resistant Weight Loss Information Session
Sat Oct 21 1:00 pm
- Charm City Jazz Presents: Kevin Jackson
Sat Oct 21 3:00 pm
Peggy and Yale Gordon Center For Performing Arts
Need to get the word out? Add your event to our calendar and newsletter!
Have we missed something on our calendar? Add an event yourself!
What your neighbors are talking about
- Hey everyone.
I have a solution to help reduce crime in Owings mills and provide constructive outlets for children and I need help. I’ve partnered with an… (Nextdoor Owings Mills New Town)
- Good morning.
I’m am relocating and unfortunately I cannot take my kitten with me. I’m extremely sad about it and she deserves a loving home so I want to make… (Nextdoor Owings Mills West)
- Five Below posted a job for Seasonal Sales Associate-8011 Owings Mills, MD 21117 in Owings Mills, MD. Apply via LinkedIn
- Cynet Health posted a job for Therapy / Rehab in Owings Mills, MD. Apply via SimplyHired
What's going on nearby
- Reebok Joins Forces with Basketball Champion and Fashion Star Angel Reese (thesource.com)
- Baltimore Sun high school sports Top 15 polls (Oct. 16) (capitalgazette.com)
- Letha Lynn Schoonover (wdtv.com)
Ok Owings Mills! So now you're in the loop about what's happening today. Thanks for reading, and see you in your inbox next time!
-- The Patch.am Team
P.s The answer to today's riddle: They don't have the guts.