Superintendent Search: County Schedules Public Forums, Final Selection Expected By Mid-May
BALTIMORE COUNTY - The Baltimore County Board of Education has announced a series of public forums to discuss community wishes for the next superintendent, signaling that the county may be closing in on a final selection.
The Baltimore County Board of Education hired a search firm to aid in finding qualified candidates on March 1. According to Jane Lichter, the Board’s chairwoman, the goal is to announce who will take the top job in mid-May.
The county has scheduled four public forums to facilitate more community discussion on what residents want from their next superintendent. The meetings will be hosted by McPherson and Jacobson LLC, the executive search firm selected by the Board of Education of Baltimore County.
Tuesday, March 21, from 7-8 p.m.
- George Washington Carver Center for Arts and Technology, auditorium, 938 York Rd., Towson 21204
- Western School of Technology, gymnasium, 100 Kenwood Ave., Baltimore 21228
Wednesday, March 22, from 7-8 p.m.
- New Town High School, auditorium, 4931 New Town Blvd., Owings Mills 21117
- Perry Hall High School, auditorium, 4601 Ebenezer Rd., Baltimore 21236
Thursday, March 23, from 7 - 8 p.m.
- Chesapeake High School, auditorium, 1801 Turkey Point Rd., Baltimore 21221
- Hereford Middle School, cafeteria, 712 Corbett Rd., Monkton 21111
Next week, McPherson and Jacobson will also meet with focus groups representing BCPS students, bargaining units, area education advisory councils, local advocacy groups, and community associations.
Applications for the superintendent are being accepted through Thursday, April 13. The finalists, selected by the Board, will be interviewed on Tuesday, May 9, and the new superintendent will assume the post on Saturday, July 1.
You can read more about the search process here.