Irvine Nature Center
Whether you want to get married, take a hike, touch creepy crawlers or plant a tree, the Irvine Nature Center in Owings Mills will be able to acommodate your visit. Situated to the northwest of I-795, Irvine has 116 acres of the Cave Valley area in Baltimore County. It's a giant resource for outdoor education as it serves thousands of children in the Baltimore metropolitican. It relies on contributions, grants and volunteers as major sources of funding and maintenance.
- Fax: (410) 902-8210
- Hours: M-Sun, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Store hours, M-F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sat-Sun, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Parking available. Indoor exhibits full accessible.
- Founding Date: 1975
- What makes this community special?: Commitment to growing healthy children.
- Services: Preschool, summer camp, weekend programs, public access to trails, guided tours, Nature Store, engagement in public environment projects, publications, events, venue for events and more.
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: This location was built in 2008, after Irvine outgrew it's former location--an old barn at St. Timothy's school. We're a green building on 116 acres of forests, meadows and wetlands.
- Features: Benches, Camping, Picnic tables, Playgrounds, Public art
- Services: Food/drink, Gift shop, Ranger, Restrooms, Tours
- Permit requirements: All deer hunting permits required.
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking
- Area: 116 acres
- Number of students: 60
- Male-to-female ratio: 1:1
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Accreditation/licenses: Maryland state accredited preschool.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:10 or more
- Number of faculty: 2
- Montessori: No
- Age range: 3-5
- Uniforms: No
- Special education: No