The Glyndon Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1904 and serves residents and business in Glyndon, Reisterstown and Ownings Mills. The fire house was a founding member of the Baltimore County Volunteer Fireman's Association. The fire hall is available to rent for parties and other gatherings, and also hosts children's birthday parties that include a free fire prevention talk and a ride on a working fire engine. GVFD runs an active junior fire department where local kids can meet the firemen and learn about what it takes to be a firefighter.
- Hours: For non-emergencies and general information: Mon - Fri, 9am -5pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level with the driveway.
- Founding Date: March 4, 1904
- Services: This firehouse provides fire and rescue services.
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: No
- Wi-Fi: None
- Number of firefighters: 6
- Number of trucks: 2
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Volunteer