According to owner Chicara Johnson-Barber, hair is art. She has been practicing her art at Chicara's Dreams since 2007. The salon's chic interior is decorated in vibrant colors and the atmosphere is warm and comfortable. Chicara's professional experience includes styling hair for TV personality Star Jones and hip-hop artist Lil Mo. Chicara's Dreams offers free consultations to prospective clients. A positive relationship between clients and stylists is a fundamental element of the customer service philosophy at Chicara's Dreams. Natural Nails, the salon's nail service, is located just inside the entrance.
- Fax: 410-526-9191
- Hours: Tue - Fri, 10:30am - 7pm; Sat, 8am - 1pm; Sun, Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The handicap access ramp is located at the entrance.
- Founding Date: 2007
- What makes this community special?: This is a family-based community and that is what makes it great. It has a small-town vibe where people can relax.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Store Credit Card, Visa
- Parking: Free lot
- License/certification: Chicara's Dreams is licensed by the state of MD. Chicara is an official educator for Soft Sheen and head stylist for TYP studios in Baltimore, MD.
- Gift certificates: Yes
- Appointments: Appointment suggested
- Specials/Packages: Chicara's Dreams offers 10 percent off the first session for new clients.
- Private events: Yes
- Hair Services: Color, Highlights/lowlights, Makeup, Shave
- Hair Specialties: Children, Men, Women
- Hair Product Brands: L'Oreal, Design Essentials, Deva Care
- If you could only give one tip to customers to maintain healthy hair, what would it be?: Chicara's advice is to always trust your hair stylist.