Dryer Fire Interrupts Businesses at Greenspring Shopping Center

An afternoon fire took hold Monday at Village Cleaners.

Firefighters rushed to Greenspring Shopping Center Monday afternoon after a dryer reportedly caught fire at Village Cleaners.

Units from the Baltimore County Fire Department's Career Station No. 2, the Pikesville Volunteer Fire Company and Brooklandville rushed to the scene around 3 p.m.

"Like" Pikesville Patch on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign-up for instant updates in e-mail through our newsletters.

The fire began in the dry cleaning business, likely in a dryer, according to security guard Ron Matthias.

At 3:30 p.m., the fire was out, but firefighters were checking the roof and the business, as well as The Hair Cuttery next door.

Two salon customers were seen outside the salon, having been evacuated mid-style or mid-wash.

Industrial fans were aimed inside both businesses because of smoke.

Fire officials were not available at the scene to discuss the incident.

Stay with Patch for updates


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »