The Owings Mills-based Junior Achievement of Central Maryland (JACMD) has appointed the following business leaders to three-year terms on its board of directors:
· Shawn Davis, Senior Vice President/CMO at Transamerica Agency Network in Baltimore,
· Tiffany King, Vice President and Controller, Baltimore Life Company in Owings Mills,
· Lou Leyes, Independent Financial Planner, Trusted Wealth Advisors in York, Pa.,
· Bradley Myers, Vice President Business Banking, SunTrust Bank in Ellicott City,
· Deborah Phelps, Executive Director, Education Foundation for Baltimore County Public Schools in Towson,
· J. MacGregor (Mac) Tisdale, President, Maryland Region,First National Bank of Pennsylvania in Annapolis, and
· Matt Turpin, President, Zentech in Baltimore.
“Our board of directors provides the leadership, expertise and guidance critical to our success,” said Jennifer Bodensiek, president of Junior Achievement of Central Maryland. “Each of these new members brings a passion for giving young people the real-world experiences and skills they need to be career ready, make smart academic choices, and be financially literate.”
Overall, the JACMD board will focus on continued implementation of its strategic plan to expand outreach in targeted counties and student populations, as well as providing new resources to support the growing demand for entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness programs for young people that align with Maryland’s Common Core educational standards.Junior Achievement of Central Maryland is dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy. Through a dedicated volunteer network, JACMD provides in-school and after-school programs for 40,000 K-12 students which focus on work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy. For more information, visit www.jamaryland.org.