Junior Achievement To Host Seminar on Maximizing the Networking Power of LinkedIn, Mar. 8
Junior Achievement of Central Maryland will present Make Connections that Count: Maximizing Your Networking Potential Using LinkedIn, with Colleen McKenna, Friday, March 8, from 8 to 11 a.m., at its Owings Mills headquarters (10711 Red Run Blvd., Ste. 110).
As principal of Intero Advisory, LLC, McKenna (Colleen's LinkedIn profile) has coached and trained more than 1,800 professionals on how to use LinkedIn to further their personal and professional brand.
This seminar, appropriate for those new to LinkedIn as well as more seasoned users, will teach participants the following skills:
- Set up a complete and optimized LinkedIn profile
- Define your LinkedIn strategy
- Find business and networking opportunities in Groups
- Develop Company Pages that generate interest and yield maximum results
- Adopt LinkedIn best practices for introductions, business development and recruiting
- Integrate time to use LinkedIn into your day
- Generate opportunities for new business, networking and recruiting
- Build and leverage your network
Attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop, iPad or other tablet.
Admission is $129, which includes a continental breakfast that will be served at 7:30 a.m. Proceeds will benefit Junior Achievement’s entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness programs. To register, visit http://www.jamaryland.org/events/linkedin or call 443-394-7211.
Junior Achievement of Central Maryland is dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy. Through a dedicated volunteer network, Junior Achievement provides in-school and after-school programs for kindergarten through 12th grade students which focus on work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy. Founded in 1957, the non-profit organization annually serves more than 33,000 students throughout Central Maryland. For more information, visit www.jamaryland.org.